Quick and easy 5 minute protein chocolate bars - the perfect snack to keep you fuelled and naturally nourished, with a dark chocolate layer to satisfy those taste buds.
5 Great reasons to make your own snacks 🙌
Most of us know that making our own meals from scratch is the best way to make sure they're fresh, nourishing and packed with flavour.
But often snacks are enjoyed on the move, making it much more convenient to pick up something readymade.
However, readymade snacks are often packed with unwanted extras including artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives, added sugar and synthetic sweeteners. So even so-called healthy snacks can turn out to be quite the opposite!
Here are 5 great reasons to make your own homemade snacks:
🌱 Snacks contribute to around 30% of our daily energy intake, so what they contain can have a real impact on health over time
🌱 By making your own snacks you can control what you choose to include
🌱 And you can also control what you choose to leave out!
🌱 They taste so much more fresh and flavourful, compared with snacks which were made weeks ago before hitting supermarket shelves
🌱 You can add a serving of Rheal Superfoods to your snacks for a boost of superfood nutrition
Healthy vegan chocolate protein bars 😋
Our protein chocolate bars are made with 5 simple and natural ingredients.
We add a serving of Cacao Plant Protein to provide a complete source of plant-based protein, as well as a natural coconut cacao flavour.
Cacao Plant Protein is a blend of 3 plant proteins with added raw Peruvian cacao, Cordyceps mushroom extract and maca root. Adding a scoop of plant protein to your healthy snacks is a great way to refuel after a workout, as well as simply boost your intake of protein and essential nutrients between meals.
Here's the recipe.
CACAO PLANT PROTEIN CHOCOLATE BARS RECIPE
HEALTHY, VEGAN, HIGH PROTEIN & GLUTEN-FREE
- 100g oat flour
- 60g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Cacao Plant Protein
- 30ml coconut oil (melted)
- 60ml honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 80g dark chocolate
- Combine the flours and protein powder in a bowl, then stir in the melted coconut oil and your chosen sweetener, mixing well until you get a sticky dough mixture
- Line a small to medium tin (depending on how thick you want your bars) with parchment paper and evenly spread out the mixture, then place in the freezer to set for 10 minutes
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour evenly over the protein bar mixture, then leave to set in the freezer for another 10 minutes
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge until you're ready to enjoy!