There has been a new trend immersing around whipped coffee, also known as Dalgona Coffee. Recently, we’ve all been staying home and local coffee shops have been closed - which has led to people experimenting at home to get their favourite coffee kick! We tried it and we LOVE it with our mushroom coffee blend, Shroom Coffee - so here’s a recipe our friend Del created.
If you haven’t heard of Dalgona Coffee before, let us explain. It is a beverage created by whipping instant coffee with sugar and hot water until it turns thick and creamy. Then pouring on-top of iced milk to form a thick milky coffee!
HOW TO MAKE DALGONA COFFEE
It may sound complicated but it is anything but! All you need is:
- A mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Shroom Coffee
- Sugar (make sure to use sugar, to achieve the right consistency)
- Hot Water
Add the ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until a thick and creamy consistency has formed. Add some ice to a glass and fill just over half way with a milk of your choice (we like to go with Rice or Almond milk). Then pour the creamy coffee mixture on top and enjoy!
MUSHROOM COFFEE? DOES THAT MAKE ME HIGH…
The answer is NO! This is something we get asked quite a lot which definitely makes us smile - but no, our Mushroom Coffee does not cause hallucinations.
The mushrooms included in our blend are; Chaga, Cordyceps & Lion’s Mane. They are also known as ‘functional’ or ‘medicinal’ mushrooms because of their health boosting properties.
We wanted to make these powerful superfoods user-friendly and what better way than in coffee right? With less caffeine, you’re getting your barista style coffee fix with added health benefits!
WHIPPED MUSHROOM COFFEE
MAKES: 2 GLASSES
- 2 tbsp. of Shroom Coffee (powder form)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Sugar (try Coconut or Brown)
- 2 tbsp. of Hot Water
- 1 cup of your choice of Milk
- Add your Shroom Coffee, Sugar and Hot Water to your mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add some ice cubes to 2 glasses and fill with the milk of your choice - just over half way.
- Scoop a dollop of your whipped coffee on-top and enjoy!