Gorgeously green, full of goodness and super delicious - our creamy avo pasta is the perfect midweek meal!
Healthy, vegan and dairy-free creamy pasta recipe 😋
We love a creamy pasta sauce but these are usually made with eggs and dairy, if not both! If you have an allergy or intolerance, or are veggie or vegan - it can be hard to find creamy pasta sauces which don't use these ingredients.
The secret to creating a silky and creamy pasta sauce without eggs or dairy is fat! Plant-based milks work really well as a sauce base, but you need to add in some fat to get the perfect creamy and rich texture.
This recipe uses both avocado and cashew nuts, which are packed with healthy fats and create a gorgeously creamy sauce that's good for you, diary-free and vegan friendly.
The avocado and cashew nuts also brings heaps of nutrients to the table, helping you to stay naturally energised. Of course, they also taste amazing and even give a glorious green colour to the dish!
Clean Greens: Your daily super greens 🌱
Many of us don’t get enough greens from our diet, so we wanted to make a product which would provide a simple and easy way to get the goodness of greens every day.
Clean Greens is a blend of 8 superfoods, including nutrient-dense greens Spirulina, Chlorella, Moringa, Wheatgrass and Barley Grass. These ingredients are packed with nourishing vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre - all well known for optimising immunity and gut health.
We don't use sweeteners, flavourings or fillers - just 100% natural superfoods! So we added Baobab, Pineapple and Camu Camu Berry for a balanced flavour.
Can I add Clean Greens to meals and recipes? 🥗
We recommend enjoying one teaspoon of Clean Greens per day. We love it in a glass of cold water, with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
You can also add Clean Greens to shakes, smoothies, juice, yoghurt, oats and healthy recipes. If adding to hot meals, we'd just advise adding after rather than during cooking - to best preserve the nutrients.
In this recipe, Clean Greens is added to the pasta sauce - adding both colour and nutrients. For an extra boost, you could even add an extra sprinkle to garnish. Here's the recipe!
CLEAN GREENS CREAMY AVOCADO SPAGHETTI RECIPE
HEALTHY, VEGAN & DAIRY-FREE
- Handful of spinach
- 150g cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Clean Greens
- 250ml water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g spaghetti (or gluten-free spaghetti)
- Seeds or chopped nuts to garnish
- Begin by soaking the cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes before cooking
- Next, cook the spaghetti following instructions on the packaging
- Whilst the spaghetti cooks, to make the sauce add the spinach, soaked cashews, yeast, Clean Greens, avocado ,olive oil, garlic and water into a blender - blend until smooth and creamy, then season with salt and pepper
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add to your sauce - mixing until evenly coated in sauce and sprinkling with seeds or nuts if desired - enjoy!