Meet Actazin® Kiwi Fruit, a scientifically proven functional food to help your Gut Feel its best every day.
Actazin® Kiwi Fruit is Unique 🥝
Kiwi is an amazing source of body loving nutrients including Vitamin C, fibre and antioxidants. It's also a welcome addition to breakfasts, smoothies and healthy recipes - with a naturally sweet flavour and green hue.
Actazin® is a powdered form of green kiwi fruit, exclusively harvested in New Zealand. It is a scientifically proven functional food with some pretty amazing benefits, especially for gut health.
Above and beyond regular kiwis which we know and love, clinical trials have proven Actazin® kiwi fruit to be effective at relieving digestive symptoms, improving gut function and acting as an effective prebiotic.
The Science Behind Actazin® Kiwi Fruit 🔬
We know that lots of foods are great for gut health, but what makes Actazin® special is to know exactly how this works.
Clinical trials and scientific research have been able to demonstrate a number of proven benefits of Actazin®, let's take a look!
1. Regular bowel movements
Actazin® can help to manage one of the most common and debilitating symptoms of poor gut health - constipation.
It is a natural source of fibre, enzymes, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals - all of which support normal bowel function.
Actazin® kiwi fruit fibres also have a unique hydration property, which supports water retention and adds bulk to stools making them much easier to pass.
This makes it a great gentle alternative to harsh laxatives, which can disrupt the gut and turn these symptoms from one extreme to the other!
2. Improves protein digestion
Studies have shown that Actazin® kiwi fruit contains an enzyme named actinidin, which helps to digest protein from food.
This helps to break down dietary protein into amino acids, which are used by the body for growth, repair and digestion. That's super important for everyone, but even better for people who are active and the elderly too.
Better protein digestion can also help to reduce bloating and feelings of being over-full.
3. Effective at a low dose of 600mg
Actazin® is the only green kiwi fruit powder with proven effectiveness at a low dose of 600mg.
The slow fermentation of the fruit means that you can enjoy gentle and comforting digestive health support - without the need to take a high dose supplement.
4. Acts as an effective prebiotic
Dietary fibre found in Actazin®, including kiwifruit pectin, provides a food source for good bacteria in the gut. The more food these gut bacteria get, the healthier the gut microbiome!
Studies have shown that kiwifruit pectin is slowly fermented by gut bacteria along the whole length of the colon - which reduces the excess gas and bloating which are common side effects of other prebiotics.
Actazin® feeds and supports good gut bacteria, increasing their growth and activity for better digestive health, regular bowels and improved immune function.
A daily serving of Actazin® can support a healthy and balanced gut microbiome, at the same time as helping to manage any digestive health issues you may have - in a natural, more gentle way.
Sounds good, does good! 💚
As well as being an amazing functional superfood, we also love Actazin® kiwi fruit for the following reasons.
🌱 100% Natural and certified Organic
🌱 Cold pressed - The whole kiwi fruit is gently processed into a skinless and seedless puree, which is dried and milled so that levels of key nutrients and bioactives are retained
🌱 Sustainably Sourced - Growers can not start picking the kiwi fruit until they get "clearance to pick", to help protect the land and biodiversity
🌱 Great Taste - Harnesses the naturally sweet flavour of New Zealand green kiwi fruit
🌱 FODMAP Friendly - Provides FODMAP friendly complex dietary fibre, which can help to reduce bloating and excessive gas
Gut Feel Organic Superfood Blend with 600mg Actazin® Kiwi Fruit 🥝
Actazin® Kiwi Fruit is the star ingredient of our brand new Gut Feel superfood blend.
It has clinically proven efficiency at a low dose of 600mg - which is exactly how much you can enjoy with every serving of Gut Feel.
Gut Feel is your daily source of gut friendly superfoods with Organic Baobab, Apple, Barley Grass, Actazin® Kiwi and Ginger.
It's naturally sweet with kiwi & apple, with a subtle kick of ginger - perfect for mixing with water for a refreshing gut friendly tonic.
Enjoy daily to nurture better gut health from within, to help your Gut Feel its best every day.
To learn more about gut health including things you can do to nurture better gut health and how to spot the signs your gut may be suffering - read on to learn more.
-  Ansell, J., Butts, C. A., Paturi, G., Eady, S. L., Wallace, A. J., Hedderley, D., & Gearry, R. B. (2015). Kiwifruit-derived supplements increase stool frequency in healthy adults: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Nutrition research, 35(5), 401-408.
-  Lewis, E.D., Graham, E., McKeen, S., Li, Z., Henning, S.M., Jopson, N., Gu, J., Rosendale, D., Evans, M. Actazin® green kiwifruit powder consumption at 600 mg per day for 28 days improves stool form and relieves occasional constipation in healthy individuals: a randomized controlled trial. Publication pending.
-  Sims,IM, Monro,JA: Fibre: composition, structures, and functional properties. Adv Food Nutr Res 68:81-99, 2013
-  Kaur, L., Mao, B., Bailly, J., Oladeji, O., Blatchford, P., & McNabb, W. C. (2022). Actinidin in Green and SunGold Kiwifruit Improves Digestion of Alternative Proteins—An In Vitro Investigation. Foods, 11(18), 2739
-  Jayawardana, I. A., Boland, M. J., Higgs, K., Zou, M., Loo, T., Mcnabb, W. C., & Montoya, C. A. (2021). The kiwifruit enzyme actinidin enhances the hydrolysis of gluten proteins during simulated gastrointestinal digestion. Food Chemistry, 341, 128239.
-  Jayawardana, I. A., Boland, M. J., Loo, T. S., McNabb, W. C., & Montoya, C. A. (2022). Rapid proteolysis of gluten-derived immunogenic peptides in bread by actinidin in a combined in vivo and in vitro oro-gastrointestinal digestion model. Food & Function, 13(10), 5654-5666.
-  Jayawardana, I. A., Boland, M. J., Loo, T. S., McNabb, W. C., & Montoya, C. A. (2022). Actinidin reduces gluten-derived immunogenic peptides reaching the small intestine in an in vitro semi-dynamic gastrointestinal tract digestion model. Food Research International, 159, 111560.
-  Kaur, L., Rutherfurd, S. M., Moughan, P. J., Drummond, L., & Boland, M. J. (2010). Actinidin enhances gastric protein digestion as assessed using an in vitro gastric digestion model. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 58(8), 5068-5073.
-  Rutherfurd, S. M., Montoya, C. A., Zou, M. L., Moughan, P. J., Drummond, L. N., & Boland, M. J. (2011). Effect of actinidin from kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa cv. Hayward) on the digestion of food proteins determined in the growing rat. Food Chemistry, 129(4), 1681-1689.
-  Montoya, C. A., Rutherfurd, S. M., Olson, T. D., Purba, A. S., Drummond, L. N., Boland, M. J., & Moughan, P. J. (2014). Actinidin from kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa cv. Hayward) increases the digestion and rate of gastric emptying of meat proteins in the growing pig. British Journal of Nutrition, 111(6), 957-967.
-  Montoya, C. A., Hindmarsh, J. P., Gonzalez, L., Boland, M. J., Moughan, P. J., & Rutherfurd, S. M. (2014). Dietary actinidin from kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa cv. Hayward) increases gastric digestion and the gastric emptying rate of several dietary proteins in growing rats. The Journal of nutrition, 144(4), 440-446.
-  Wallace, A., Eady, S., Drummond, L., Hedderley, D., Ansell, J., & Gearry, R. (2017). A pilot randomized cross-over trial to examine the effect of kiwifruit on satiety and measures of gastric comfort in healthy adult males. Nutrients, 9(7), 639.
-  Park, S., Church, D. D., Starck, C., Schutzler, S. E., Azhar, G., Kim, I. Y., ... & Wolfe, R. R. (2021). The impact of Hayward green kiwifruit on dietary protein digestion and protein metabolism. European Journal of Nutrition, 60(2), 1141-1148.