We've taken inspiration from classic flapjack, removed the unhealthy ingredients and replaced them with natural, nourishing ingredients and added superfoods - all rolled into healthy and delicious Berry Beauty Flapjack Energy Balls!
What are energy balls? 💪
Energy balls are ball-shaped snacks usually made using oats and fruit as well as some other real food ingredients such as nuts, seeds and syrup. They're a great alternative to store-bought snack bars which can be full of hidden nasties such as sugar, sweeteners and artificial ingredients.
Making your own energy balls from scratch means you can know exactly what is in them and be confident that they are plant-based, gluten-free and 100% natural 🌱
Is flapjack healthy? 🍯
In the UK, flapjack is a baked treat conventionally made using oats, golden syrup, sugar and butter - so not the healthiest of foods as we know it! However, because flapjack is a great source of energy which is slowly released, it has become a popular snack for fitness enthusiasts, albeit reinvented slightly!
BERRY BEAUTY FLAPJACK ENERGY BALLS
- 1 tbsp Berry Beauty
- 150g Medjool Dates (6 large dates)
- 50g raisins
- 80g gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz on a high speed until they are powdered
- Roughly chop the dates and add to the blender along with the remaining ingredients, aside from the maple syrup
- Blend again and once combined, add the maple syrup and blend once more
- Once the mixture comes together, pop it into a bowl and use your hands to take even sized pieces, rolling into balls around the same size as a golf ball
- Roll each ball desiccated coconut, pop onto a plate and Ito the fridge for at least 15 minutes
Tip: Transfer your Berry Beauty flapjack energy balls into an airtight containers and they will keep in the fridge for around 5 days - although we have always finished them off before then!