If you find that you simply don't have time to make a healthy, nutritious breakfast every morning then overnight oats are for you. Prepare in advance the night before and enjoy in the morning for the best possible start to your day with minimal prep and maximum enjoyment! With added superfoods and tasty toppings, this overnight oats recipe has everything you could wish for from a healthy breakfast! 😋
What are overnight oats? 🤔
Overnight oats are a popular healthy breakfast trend right now and a great way to utilise oats in the warmer months when it doesn't seem right to have a warm bowl of porridge!
You simply combine your oats with plant-based milk and keep in the fridge overnight, allowing them to soak up the milk and create a porridge-like consistency.
What can I add to overnight oats to make them healthy? 💪
We'd recommend that you add healthy ingredients to your overnight oats not only for added nutrition but also for flavour. This also allows you to mix things up every now and again too, to keep things interesting!
You can add extra ingredients to the oats the night before, as well as adding some tasty toppings before eating. Here are some additions to overnight oats:
🍒 Fresh or frozen berries
🌰 Nuts and nut butter
🌱 Chia seeds
🥥 Coconut flakes
What are the health benefits of Berry Beauty?
Berry Beauty is our antioxidant blend of nature's best beautifying foods. It contains 8 superfoods which are freeze-dried to retain their powerful nutrients. Each is chosen for its ability help to nurture healthy hair, skin and nails from within 🤩
You can learn more about Berry Beauty and which are the best plant-based foods for skin health in our blog post below:
BERRY BEAUTY OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
- 1 heaped teaspoon Berry Beauty
- 30g oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 100ml your preferred milk
- 100ml water
- Add your oats, Berry Beauty and chia seeds to a jar or bowl. And mix in your yoghurt.
- Add the milk, water & preferred sweetener to a shaker bottle, and shake so they mix together.
- Depending on how thick you like your oats, pour in as much liquid as you prefer and mix well. Before leaving to set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with fresh berries, banana & nut butter - enjoy!