We have tried and tested lots of granola - and for gluten free granola, there really isn’t much available that is actually any good for us.
So we always make our own now and it has totally changed our granola experience - tastes great, not dry like cardboard and has plenty of natural goodness!
For this recipe, we used our mushroom cacao blend - Coco Dream to add some dark chocolate flavour. Raw cacao fans, you will LOVE this!
HOMEMADE CACAO GRANOLA
- 1 tbsp. Coco Dream
- 2 cups GF oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. smooth almond butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the Coco Dream, oats, walnuts, cinnamon & salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil with the smooth almond butter and agave syrup - then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place into the centre of your oven
- Bake for up to 20 minutes, allow to cool and decant into a sealed jar for storage