Carrot cake and coffee all rolled into one - quite literally! Time to up your snack game and enjoy a coffee and cake break that loves you back.
Shroom Coffee: Organic mushroom coffee blend ☕️
Shroom Coffee is our superfood blend of instant Organic Arabica coffee with medicinal mushroom extracts.
We add a combination of Lion's Mane, Chaga and Cordyceps mushrooms to our Shroom Coffee. They work with your body to enhance focus, clear brain fog and stay naturally energised.
With just 50mg caffeine (around half that of a regular coffee) and 600mg mushroom extracts per serving, you can sip away knowing you're nurturing your body, mind - and taste buds!
Carrot & coffee cake just got healthy 🌱
Our carrot and coffee cake balls are made with all natural ingredients, no added sugars and a superfood boost - for a guilt-free cake fix that doesn't compromise on flavour.
We use fresh carrots, Shroom Coffee, oats, pecans and a sprinkling of spices to create a delicious dough. For the full carrot and coffee cake experience, go ahead and make the cashew "icing" to drizzle over your cake balls.
Natural energy on the go 🚀
Once you have made your carrot and coffee cake balls, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
They make a great alternative to readymade snacks which can be expensive and contain things like artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives.
If you're feeling peckish or need some healthy fuel when you're on the move, simply pop a couple of cake balls in your bag for a boost of energy that's ready when you are.
Here's the recipe!
CARROT & COFFEE CAKE BITES RECIPE
HEALTHY, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY FREE & VEGAN
- 120g gluten-free oats
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and grated)
- 30g pecans or walnuts
- 30g coconut flakes
- 5 dates
- 1 -1.5 teaspoons Shroom Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50g cashews
- 30ml coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener
- Extra pecans
- Before you begin, soak the cashews in hot water for at least 1 hour to prepare them for the “icing”
- When your cashews are almost finished soaking, place the oats, pecan nuts, spices, coffee and coconut flakes into a food processor and pulse until well combined
- Next, add in the dates and finely grated carrots - pulse once more until the mixture forms into a sticky dough
- Form the mixture into equal sized balls and leave to set in the freezer
- To make the “icing”, blend your soaked cashews, coconut oil and chosen sweetener using the small blender attachment
- Drizzle the icing on top of the balls, top with pecans and leave to set in freezer for 30 minutes - then store in the fridge until ready to eat
All that is left to do is sit back, relax and enjoy a carrot & coffee cake ball with a nice hot Shroom Coffee!