We've used all natural, real food ingredients to recreate ice cream so that it is a healthy and satisfying treat, rather than a guilty pleasure - nice cream you could say! With added Coco Dream to help you destress and unwind, this recipe is perfect for treating yourself.
How do you make healthy ice cream?
Conventional ice cream is made using heaps of double cream and added sugar. Whilst we are huge believers in treating yourself every now and then, we'd much rather reinvent recipes using natural and healthful ingredients - so that we can enjoy them more often!
We've used coconut milk instead of cream for this recipe and utilised the natural sweetness of bananas, vanilla syrup and dark chocolate chips. So you can enjoy this nice cream as part of your healthy lifestyle, knowing it is as good for you as it tastes!
What are the health benefits of Coco Dream?
Coco Dream is our chill blend, designed to help you naturally destress, unwind and sleep easy. It is a blend of superfoods each chosen for their adaptogenic properties, which help to promote hormonal balance and restore equilibrium in the body!
Each serving provides 500mg dual-extracted Reishi mushroom together with raw Peruvian Cacao, ashwagandha, cinnamon and date powder. With just 1g natural sugar per serving, Coco Dream is the perfect addition to recipes like this to add a rich chocolate flavour without added sugars! You can learn more about adaptogens in our blog post below:
MINT CHOCOLATE NICE CREAM & COCONUT DRIZZLE SAUCE RECIPE
Mint choc chip is a classic ice cream flavour which we all know and love! Getting those same great flavours is easy using fresh mint and dark chocolate chips, for a natural and healthier ice cream.
You don't need to make the accompanying coconut drizzle sauce, but it's quick, easy and uses many of the ingredients you'll have on the bench anyway - so why not?! Here's the recipe.
- 350g frozen bananas
- 150ml full fat coconut milk (mainly the thick and creamy part)
- 25ml vanilla sugar syrup
- 10g Coco Dream
- Handful mint leaves
- 20g dark chocolate chips
Drizzle sauce (optional)
- 30ml coconut milk
- 20g almond butter
- 5ml vanilla sugar syrup
- 3 mint leaves
- 2g Coco Dream
- Place all the ice cream ingredients aside from the chocolate chips into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Add half the chocolate chips and blend once more
- Pour the mixture into a glass dish and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, then leave to set in freezer for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight if you have time)
- To make the coconut drizzle sauce, place all ingredients into the small blender attachment, blend until smooth and drizzle over the ice cream once frozen!