We don't believe that you should miss out on every worldly pleasure to follow a healthy lifestyle. Instead, it's all about taking your favourite recipes - even the naughty ones - and reimagining them with a healthy makeover.
HEALTHY, RAW, VEGAN & DELICIOUS!
So, if brownies aren't part of your life because a) you don't think they're healthy or b) you think they'd be too hard to bake, then guess again! Our raw vegan brownies are made using 100% natural plant-based ingredients which are enhanced with superfoods, for a delicious and nutritious brownie with no cooking required 🙌
What are the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms? 🍄
We use Coco Dream and Shroom Coffee in this recipe to create the mocha flavour we all know and love - rolling your favourite coffee and cake flavours into one delicious package! But they're not just used for their flavour, each provides a healthy serving of functional mushrooms.
You can learn more about the health benefits of each mushroom by following the links below to our blog.
🍫 Coco Dream: Reishi Mushroom
Can I make sugar-free brownies? 🤔
Our mocha brownies are sweetened with dates and agave syrup. They provide a natural sweetness which removes the need for added sugars or artificial sweeteners. They also give the brownies an incredibly gooey and sticky texture to mimic that 'perfectly cooked brownie' result.
Our brownie recipe is also vegan friendly and gluten-free 🌱
When should I take my brownies out the freezer before eating? ❄️
This recipe makes a tray of brownies, which you can divide into 8 or 16 pieces! Once you have followed the recipe and your brownies have set in the freezer, we'd recommend allowing each piece to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before eating.
MOCHA BROWNIES WITH COCO DREAM & SHROOM COFFEE RECIPE
- 1 tsp Shroom Coffee
- 3 heaped tbsp Coco Dream
- 80g gluten-free oats
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 150g pitted dates
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- Blend the gluten-free oats, desiccated coconut and dates in a food processor until thoroughly combined and crumb-like
- Next, add in the remaining brownie base ingredients and blend once more until you have a sticky, gooey mixture (if you find your mixture is too dry and not sticking together, you can add in some extra almond butter at this stage)
- Transfer the mixture into a deep baking tray lined with parchment paper and firmly press down to compress the mixture together - pop into the freezer to set for at least two hours
- Meanwhile, mix together the chocolate topping ingredients using a whisk until thick, creamy and consistent
- Remove your brownies from the freezer and coat in an even, thick layer of chocolate topping, pop them back into the freezer for another hour (ensuring 2 hours in total so that the brownies set)
- Divide into pieces and move to the fridge, allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before enjoying!
This recipe was created in collaboration with @charleyshealth 💚